Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 20 July 2014

Hartpury Take It 2 The Top - For Sale

After a run at Aston Le Walls yesterday I have decided Hartpury Take It 2 The Top is just too talented a horse for me, I don't feel I ride him well enough, I am no where as dedicated as I used to be and so I have decided to sell him. At Aston I let him trundle round the dressge test, yet he was in 12th spot without even trying. He show jumped well, it was a big track, but twice I let him get unbalanced and he had poles down, if I had rode better he would have only had 4 faults.
Cross Country he pinged his way round, his usual bold self, the water at 5c was tricky, a narrow skinny with a huge spread on the log brush yet he made nothing of it. Then I made a rider error later on the course, lost balance between a combination and the circle gave us 20 penalties, With no chance of a place I decided to retire him and save him for his next run which is only a week or two away.
Now I need to decide how much he is worth, where do I advertise him, do I sell from my house or send him to a professional. Lots of decisions!
In the meantime with only a few points to go before he is Intermediate I have entered him for several Novices to see if we can have a last chance to qualify for a Novice regional final.

1 comment:

  1. Oh �� wondered what happened to you on Saturday. He is a super horse but you know best how you feel about it all. Hannah bate is looking.

    ReplyDelete